Since 1993, Hammersmith Medicines Research (HMR) has supplied industry-leading services to pharmaceutical companies for phase I and early phase II clinical trials. Today, we have 145 beds in a purpose-designed clinical pharmacology unit close to an NHS hospital. We can provide a full service, including pharmacy, from trial design through to report.
Our GMP-compliant, 200 m2 pharmacy was purpose designed and commissioned in accordance with MHRA best practice, and incorporated into our ISO 9001 quality management system. We manufacture non-sterile, sterile and radioactive IMPs, and have had 8 MHRA GMP inspections since 2004.
- import IMPs and challenge agents from outside the EEA;
- collaborate with sponsors to develop, refine, and test small-scale production methods;
- prepare finished sterile and non-sterile products;
- prepare sterile and non-sterile radiopharmaceuticals;
- repack, randomise and label IMPs and non-IMPs;
- manufacture and assemble hard-shell capsules;
- over-encapsulate other solid dose forms;
- QP release;
- dispense Controlled Drugs; and
- prepare dilutions of challenge agents, such as allergens and methacholine.
Our established pharmacy team includes 3 registered pharmacists, and 4 QPs.
Please check out our accreditations here